As a parent, planning a vacation with kids can be overwhelming. You want to find a place that has kid and baby-friendly amenities, is safe, and offers a relaxing experience for everyone. Fortunately, North America has plenty of family-friendly vacation spots that cater to parents and their little ones. We've compiled a list of the top ten vacation spots for families. So, pack your bags, load up the stroller and get ready for an adventure!
- San Diego, California - San Diego is a perfect destination for the whole family. With its sandy beaches, child-friendly attractions like the San Diego Zoo, LEGOLAND, and SeaWorld, San Diego has something for everyone. The city is also home to many parks and museums like Balboa Park that children will love. With great weather and plenty of outdoor activities, everyone will have a blast.
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina - Myrtle Beach is an ideal vacation spot for families with kids. It has many family-oriented resorts, soft sand beaches, and amusement parks like the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel. The beach place also has kiddie rides and other family-friendly attractions like Ripley's Aquarium and parks for the little ones.
- Niagara Falls, Canada - Take in the majesty of Niagara Falls with your baby! As one of the most beautiful natural attractions in the world, it's an excellent destination for families to enjoy. Take a tour of the falls on a boat or walk across the Niagara Fallsview Boulevard to discover hidden parks and playgrounds around the area. Additionally, there are nearby Niagara-on-the-Lake and local restaurants that cater to families.
- St. Petersburg, Florida - St. Pete is an excellent vacation spot for families with little ones. It is home to many family-friendly resorts, parks, and beaches. The family attractions include The Florida Aquarium, which has a special exhibit for kids, and the Sunken Gardens, which offers fun experiences for families. You can also take a stroll down St. Pete Pier and enjoy the scenic view.
- Montreal, Quebec - Montreal, Quebec, is the perfect destination for families looking for a city experience. The city has a diverse range of activities, such as the Montreal Botanical Garden, The Biodome, and The Museum of Fine Arts, catering to children. The city also has kid-friendly restaurants and parks for the little ones to play.
- Jackson Hole, Wyoming - Jackson Hole is a kid-friendly destination that will give your family an up-close encounter with nature. Explore the Grand Teton National Park, take a tram ride to see the wild animals or go fly-fishing with the family nearby. Additionally, the area has family-friendly resorts and restaurants, and a few attractions for the little ones.
- Lake Tahoe, California/Nevada - Take your family to the magnificent Lake Tahoe for a vacation of a lifetime. The location offers a calming environment and many fun activities, including skiing and visiting state parks, and a lot of family-friendly restaurants. You also can rent boats to go fishing or just to enjoy the fresh air.
- Mont-Tremblant, Quebec - Mont-Tremblant is an excellent destination for families seeking adventure. The region offers many activities, like walking in the woods, the Brind’O Aquaclub, and Tremblant Mountain. The area also has kid-friendly spas and restaurants that cater to the little ones.
- Seattle, Washington- Seattle, Washington, is one of the best baby-friendly vacation spots in North America. With lots of nearby parks, museums, an impressive aquarium, and easy access to hiking opportunities, you and your family will never run out of activities to do. You can visit the Space Needle or take a stroll at Pike Place Market too.
- Palm Springs, California - Palm Springs is a perfect choice for families seeking a fun and relaxing vacation spot. The resort city has a stunning desert landscape, and it is sunny year-round, which allows for outdoor activities like playing golf, ball parks and tennis. Additionally, the area has a number of upscale spas and kid-friendly resorts if your budget allows.
Whether you're planning a long vacation or a weekend getaway, the top 10 baby-friendly vacation spots in North America that we have listed will give you an opportunity to enjoy quality time with your family. From the beaches of San Diego to the peaks in Mont-Tremblant to the breathtaking Niagara Falls, there is a destination for everyone. Keep in mind that some of the places may vary in accessibility under COVID-19 rules and regulations which most places have lifted but always smart to check ahead for good measure.
Have a great family vacation, you deserve it, and your kids will cherish the memories!